Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mot98

MIS
Jan 25, 2002
CA
Hi All,

Using BE 8.6 to backup exchange 5.5 server. I need to know if I am fine just backing up the "Exchange Directory" and the "Information Store" daily, and then backup everything weekly. I have set the "Deleted Item Recovery" option to 14 days, so I can recover individual e-mails that accidentally get deleted.

However, my concern is the ease of restoring one mailbox, incase of accidental deletion. Is it easy to perform with only the IS and Exchange Directory to work from?

Thanks for any input...

mot98
[cheers]

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Chessmaster Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower (1887-1956)

You are fine for up to 14 days to recover individual emails. As far as accidental mailbox deletion, only Exchange admins can delete mailboxes. So ask yourself. How much do you trust your exchange admins?

Only way to restore 1 mailbox from IS backup is to restore that IS to a recovery server. Then export the mailbox to .pst file, then import to your production Exch srvr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back