Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring Exchange 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonpig

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2002
GB
My server has recently collapsed, no services would start and nothing useful in Event Viewer to help with diagnosis.

After many attemps at recovery I have had to settle for a complete server reinstall. The problem is I do not want to lose all mailboxes and exchange data.

I have all the previous data sitting on the mirrored drive so I can easily access Exchange databases Etc. I have now installed exchange onto the newly reinstalled server, how do I recover and reinstall all that exchange data?

Cheers.

I seem to remember an Exchange setup switch, /disasterrecovery, or similar which might help with that.

From Memory....

If your information store shut down gracefully then your logs should be committed. You can take a copy of your pub.edb and priv.edb and put them in a safe place. Perform an exchange server rebuild using the /disasterrecovery switch and then turn off the services. Drop the pub and priv into the correct place and restart the services.

The operating system you are recovering to has to be the same as the one you originally had also.

If you information store(s) crashed without a graceful shutdown there will probably be more work involved. Beyond my scope. We had Microsoft help us with the disaster recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back