Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring DB for micros 3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxap

Vendor
May 11, 2005
US
I am trying to restore the latest DB file .mbz5g2
I use "RUN" command and type up: "dm -u C:\micros\databse\.mbz5g2 (full file name with micros and date and time).
By doing this the screen disappears and nothing happens. DM is not opening up.
When manually open DM, enter the employee username and password, same as for POS configurator. It opens fine.
When I try to use Restore button and browse for DB file it only shows .MBZ file and not .mbz5g2 file.
Any ideas, please?
thanks
mxap

Usually when running a DM -u command I open a CMD and change directory to the RES db directory, then type the DM command with the full database file name, "DM -u X:\micros\database\data\archive\xxxxyyyy.mbz5g2

Kartel1,
Thank you so much. I tried that method with the same result.
ANy other tips, please?
thanks

I would check out your logs in the Micros\common\etc dir and see what is going on also worth looking at the MDShost file and windows host files that the pc name/ IP matches what you have. also doing updates be sure everything is shut down, DB, control panel, gift card services, data pulling services, anything that hits the db. (not that you are actually upgrading but still worth a shot) lastly what version RES server are you on? if it just sees .mbz files it sounds like XP/ server 2k3 or res4. for a gen 2 mbz5 you need to be around 5.2mr3 of 5.4

Drop a copy of the DB you are updating on the root of C:
So C:\x.mbz5g2

run the CMD dm -u c:\x.mbz5g2

Likes a simple path rather than complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back