Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring and old Employee 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackHawk2

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
We have an employee that left a few weeks back, So I deleted the user's account, but kept the mail file. Now he has come back. But I can not figure out how to restore him to his old e-mail. Any help would be great.

BH2

By chance, do you have a backup of your public address book? I make a separate local copy of the public address book once a month for just this purpose. If I need to restore a user I can copy his/her Person doc from the local copy back into the current server copy. Then all I have to do is re-add them to the Groups they were a member of and I'm set.

If you keep backups of the ID files as well you can restore their ID file to them also.

If you can't go to backup, then recreate the user without setting up his/her email file. Next, manually re-add the user to the ACL of the old email file and make sure the Person doc in the public address book points to the right mail server and file location.

DDickey

Thanks, I ended up having to do some manual work... but I got it. I'll start making a local back up of the address book.

BH2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back