Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring an image

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdde

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
ES
Hi,
if I restore a Citrix Server image, do I have to reactivate licenses or do anything else??
Thanks in advance.

Yes you do.

It may not work - I've had so many issues re-imaging Citrix servers that I stopped long ago, and simply re-image the Microsoft Operating System. I then install MetaFrame (which takes about 10 minutes, so no hardship) and add licenses via a batch file.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

But if I am joining the server to an existing farm, I don't need to add licenses again.
I have tried to restore an image of a Citrix server and there was no problem and I did not have to add licenses.
I don't know if it is a puntual case.

For some reason I assumed you were running 1.8 - but it would seem you're actually running XP...

In which case, you should not have to add or activate the licenses again, because they're already activated on the Data Collector.

If re-imaging with XP FR2 installed works, then maybe I'll try again... Back to the test lab.

CE CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

If you restore an image on a server, check first if the server belonges to the farm in the management console, because if it doesn't belong yet, when you restore the image, it doesn't belong to the farm.

...so presumably you would remove the server (by right-clicking and selecting "Remove Server from Farm") before re-imaging, and checking that the server had been removed from the Data Store.

Not sure what sort of impact this would have on the Summary Database, being a historical store - I suppose the server would get a new PK_SERVERNAMEID in LU_SERVERNAME, but does it cope with duplicate SERVERNAMEs? CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Sorry, I think I have explained bad.
The server has to belong to the farm before you restore the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back