Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restoring alternative path in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruanju

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2004
ES
I'm triying to restore some files in a Windows system using the alternative-path.

I want to use a file for the alternative-path in the command bpresotre (-R option):

\\example\file_1$ \\example\file_2$

I don't know if I'm using the right sintax, for example I have included in the file for the alternative-path the follow entry:

change //example/file_1$ to //example/file_2$

Is correct??

Thank's in advance

How to use the bprestore command to redirect a restore to an alternate path on the client

How to run bprestore from the command line to restore information to an alternate path and client

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

I have tried using this but it gives an error. it says the data for restore cannot be found in the catalog file. but when i restore it to its original position it restores fine. if you have any clue of what exactly is happening plz let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back