Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring AD in safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse594

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2007
US
I am trying to restore system state on a server running windows 2003 with AD. It wants to be restarted in Directory Services Restore mode but when that takes place you can not use backup exec 10d. I have changed the logon credentials while booted in safe mode and still can not get it to load. Does anyone have any idea as to how to get the backup software started so I can restore system state?

thanks.

when you perform a system restore you can choose the destination of the restore. I would suggest restoring the system state to a folder somewhere, then boot into directory services restore mode and then copy the files accross manually

You have to change the service for Backup Exec to logon as local system. You then need to create a network - logon account in Backup Exec to be able to authenicate in DSR mode.

I will try that later on tonight. I am using it as a partial file server right now and can not bring it down to try that. Thank you all for your suggestions. I will let you know how it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back