Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring a single mailbox 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1dannyd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 24, 2001
US
I begged these people to let me know before I put in any filters. But there is always one. I set my Symanbtec antivirus filters to find and delete anything with certain extensions. *.zip was included. I told them all what wqould happen.
Now he wants anything back that got deleted. I do a regualr information store backup. Can I retrieve just a single mailbox out of this or must i restore the whole thing?
Thanks,
Dan

I belive you will have to restore to whole thing....
Exept if you backup software allow you to restore mailbox by mailbox.... (Like Netbackup,etc)

What type of backup are you using? We use Veritas, and with that I know you can restore a single mailbox...

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

If you do not have the option to restore a single mailbox from your backup, here is an article I wrote that describes the step by step process

813337 HOW TO: Recover or Restore a Single Mailbox in Exchange 2000 Server

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

I'd just like to echo mattwray's comment.
We use Veritas here and you can in fact do a single mailbox restore - you can do it on the fly with out taking the box down.

This was in an earlier post and I totally agree. It's a easy and powerful application. You could even restore a single calendar item from a user's mailbox if need be:

OnTrack ( )has a software package called Power Controls that will open the DB files and allow you to extract the data to pst files on a per user basis. Very easy to use, works well on good and corrupt databases.

The free demo version may have all of the functionality you need, but I love it so much I bought a copy for every day restores. Much better and faster then BrickLevel backup/restores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back