Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restoring a simply accounting back up to a diff pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmillar

Technical User
Feb 28, 2005
CA
We have simply accounting pro - 1 copy in one office and simply accounting basic (current release) in another office.

we are trying to backup the basic version database, e-mail it to the other office and open it with pro to print some reports.

we get 'unable to open company file' when we try to restore it or open it.

any ideas why we cannot do a simple backup, restore to a different computer? i don't think it is because of going from basic to pro as we did this in a trial run in January. now with a full database - it won't let us.

operating system is win 98 on the computer which has basic and xp on the pc with pro.

Thanks
Norm

Hey norm I know when I had problems with restoring simply backups to another pc or fresh install it had to do with updates or taxtables not being the same. Not sure if it will help but a place to start.

Gaston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back