Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restoring a public folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcirillo

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2000
US
I have successfully restored a public folder from ArcServeIT 6.61 SP2, it says that I have successfully restored it. I chose to restore the file to its original location but after restoring it multiple times (3), the folder is not full of what used to be in there. I do not understand, if ArcServe says it was successfully restored than by all means it should have been restored. Right. Wrong. If anyone has experienced this before or seen it or can just point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
--->mikeyc

ArcServe can only restore what it backed-up. Check your logs to verify that the backup you are using to restore with grabbed all of the files you need. Also, remember to keep dates in mind...If the backup you are using occured after files were deleted, then the backup won't contain those files... Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

Thanks but i figured it out, i was just a weird quirk that i eventually found. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back