Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restoring a DB onto another SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNosko

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
Hi,

I had to move my Blackberry Enterprise Server to another computer using MSDE as the database. My Blackberry Dispatcher service won't start and I think it's because the master database doesn't really know about (I'm a newby at dbs %-)) the BES db. Is there something else I need to do to register the BES db with the master?

Thanks,

SNosko

How did you move the database? Can you open Query analyzer and query you BES database? Are there any errors in you BES log?

- Paul [batman]
- If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.

I used the following command:

RESTORE DATABASE BESMgmt FROM disk='c:\today.bak' WITH MOVE 'BESMgmt' to 'e:\mssql7\mssql\data\BESMgmt.mdf', MOVE 'BESMgmtlog' to 'e:\mssql7\mssql\data\BESMgmtlog.ldf', REPLACE
go

All of the Blackberry services work except the Dispatcher. When I try to start it I get an error code 5608. The Event Viewer says:

Database error in OpenDB (err=0x80004005, native err=17) - [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

The BES Log says:

Database schema is not not complete. Run Config tool to update it

How do you run the Config tool?
SNosko

Before you run the config tool run the following command from QA
from the BES database
sp_change_users_login 'report'

if it returns a login that means you have a login SID out of sync. You can correct it with...

sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'your login here', 'your login here'

If that doesn't correct the login problem then run the config tool.
It should be in the tools folder on the CD

- Paul [batman]

I can't get access to it via Enterprise Manager. I get an "access denied". Hmmmm.

Are you trying to access it with the sysadmin account?

- Paul [batman]

No I'm using Windows Authentication but I just tried with the sa account and got the same thing.

Have you confirmed that the services are running?
Are you locally on the server or trying to connect remotely?

- Paul [batman]

Service is running and yes the bes server is local but I don't have Enterprise Manager on that server so that was remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back