Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restoring 5.5 information store to 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotsdude

Technical User
Jan 17, 2002
GB
Trying to setup a Disaster Recovery plan, and it has been decided that our DR exchange server will be 2003, even though our production box is 5.5 and there are only vague plans to upgrade it "in the future"

I'm trying to find a way to import the *.edb files into ex2003. I know its possible to use the Migration Wizard, but you need the original server to be running concurrently. Not an option in a DR situation...

as usual, any ideas, suggestions or possibilities are welcome...

------------------------------------------------------
Matt
Life is all shadows and dust.
Live it up with women and wine while you can

If you want the quick and dirty way, use ExMerge.
But, you need a running server of course.
You may want to ask the one who decide that combination HOW you are supposed to do that quickly and smoothly when a Disaster hits you.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Oops, forgot the off-line option.
Ontrack may be worth the investment?

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
[/sub]

we actually use OnTrack at the moment, but with it being a manual process, it has been decided that the recovery time is too long (around 96 hours is the current guesstimate)

Matt

Aha, so they want it automated and fast and with 2 completely different platforms?
See previous post:
You may want to ask the one who decide that combination HOW you are supposed to do that quickly and smoothly when a Disaster hits you.

Marc
[/sub]

I'm trying to either firm up the migration to 2003 on the production, or convince them that a 5.5 server is better on the DR side...however the Pointy-Haired-Boss is king, and i must obey....

Matt

Must ... I know that.. but 'no-can-do' also exists.
Is he not even open for the option "That will not work!" ?
If he knows better, let him come up with a no-cost solution.

Marc
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back