Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restores using transaction logging

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcymarc

Technical User
Oct 2, 2001
US
Hello,

I have a query regarding NB 4.5 client restores using transaction logging to restore a Domino database (Domino 5.0.10).

Using the client GUI I can select the date range etc. and start the restore. The restore process restores the full backup and that is reported as status 0. Then another process is started and a new tape requested.

How can I find out all the tapes I need before the restore has begun?

If I am restoring 5 days worth of transaction logs then I need a lot of tapes. Yet this isn't reported once the restore begins, only after the previous restore has completed. Very annoying!!!

Thanks in advance.

-Marc.

You should use the "preview" button in the archive/restore page. This will show what tape's you need.

I can't see a restore button, the only way I can view the media required that I know of is to actually start the restore and view its progress.
I'm doing this from a W2K client GUI btw.

I think I may of sussed it out anyway. I need to select the transaction logs on the GUI as well as the database to restore.

I meant I couldn't see a preview button.

-Marc.

I don't ever do restores from the client..I work from the master..

I'm positive there is a "preview" type button that let's you view the tapes that are needed from the client gui..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back