Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shtinky

MIS
Nov 14, 2003
US
DB2 7.2 FixPak11, Windows 2K server

I received the following warning after restoring a backup image of one database to another:

"SQL2540W Restore is successful, however a warning "2528" was encountered during Database Restore while processing in No Interrupt mode."

I haven't been able to find any info regarding this warning "2528". I was hoping someone out there might be able to shed some light on this for me. Thanks in advance

Here is my original restore command:
"restore database RPMITEST user db2admin using <password> from D:\DB2\BACKUPS taken at 20050912170215 to D: into NEWTEST with 2 buffers buffer 1024 without rolling forward without prompting"

Thanks!

Martin

Shtinky,

I suspect this warning is an SQL2528W. If so here's what the manual says, though I must admit not sure whar it means on the response.

SQL2528W Warning! Restoring to an existing database that is the same as the backup image database, but the alias name dbase of the existing database does not match the alias dbase of backup image, and the database name dbname of the existing database does not match the database name dbname of the backup image. The target database will be overwritten by the backup version.
Explanation:
The database aliases of the target database and database image are not the same, the database names are not the same, and the database seeds are the same, indicating these are the same databases. The current database will be overwritten by the backup version.

User Response:
Return to the utility with the callerac parameter indicating processing to continue or end.

Cheers
Greg

thanks for the info, it looks like I'm okay then. I appreciate the insight.

Shtinkster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back