Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrysdavid

Programmer
Jun 6, 2006
TT
We upgraded our CallPilot 201i server at one of our sites. It was running callpilot 3.0. We backed up the system before the upgrade from the CallPilot Manager. We also backed it up from the upgrade wizard.

We upgraded the server to Rls 5 (SU7).
Now we're trying to restore the database and we cannot. We are getting an error indicated that the database is on a lower release than the current release.

What I'm confused about is the the data validity check came back ok when the upgrade wizard was run.

Has anyone ever seen this problem?

I had this issue with a 4.0 system. Following was this fix from Nortel

Restore failed due to a database version mismatch

Document Id: KB99057589
Last Modified Date: 07-15-2010
Support Goal(s): CallPilot
Access Level: External Entitled

Description (Problem Clarification)

Restore operation which is performed through the Setup Wizard or the Backup Restore Tool failed due to a version mismatch error.

Cause of the problem:
The issue can occur on a CP 4.0 server which was upgraded from a previous release to CP 4.0. Sometimes during the upgrade procedure, the Setup Wizard writes the wrong value to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nortel\Database\DBPEPVersion registry key. After that all backups made on this server have incorrect versions and cannot be restored on CP 4.0 servers installed from scratch. This issue has been fixed in 4.0 SU03. This problem still occurs if the Setup Wizard was run on a 4.0 CallPilot server before installing SU03. In this case a SU03 installation cannot resolve the problem.

Resolution Plan

1) If a restore operation fails while running the Backup Restore Tool:

a. Go to D:\Nortel\Data\backup\RestoreLogs folder and open the detailed restore log file. When the restore operation is run the Backup/Restore progress window appears. The Operation Name is displayed in this window. Detailed restore log file has the same name.

b. Find an error message in the log. The message should be like the following: "Can not restore because of versions incompatibility. The system archive contains a data which is applicable to CallPilot server v. 04.04.04.12-00. This CallPilot server is running on the software v. 04.04.04.00-00."

c. Run the Registry editor. Change the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nortel\Database\DBPEPVersion to the system archive version, which can be seen in the error message. In this example it is 04.04.04.12-00.

d. Perform a restore operation through the Backup Restore Tool.

f. Once the restore operation is completed, change the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nortel\Database\DBPEPVersion back to the old value. In this example it is 04.04.04.00-00.

2) If a restore operation fails while running the Setup Wizard:

a. Go to the List Backups screen in the Setup Wizard and click the List Backups button.

b. Select required backup from the list.

c. The version of this backup is displayed in the Software Version column of the list.

d. Run the Registry editor. Change the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nortel\Database\DBPEPVersion to the backup version.

e. Perform the restore operation through the Setup Wizard.

Thanks for the information.
I did manage to restore they database. I uninstalled the upgrade wizard. Re-installed it and tried running the setup wizard again. Only the was I able to perform a database conversion and restore the system.

I have to upgrade another site on Monday. (201i Rls 2.02 to Rls 5.0). Hopefully I don't run into too much problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back