Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore question for old tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin911

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2004
CA
I have to restore some data from old tape but i am looking for a program to do this any good suggestion if possible a freeware since i need to restore the data for tomorrow.

I have no idea of the program that was used to do those backup i just want a software that could recognize the tape and be able to restore them.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

What sort of tape is it? I just went through this with a number of older tapes here at the office.

veritas backup exec recognizes several backup formats. checkout the 30 day download...

yeah well those tape where backing up mac data from an old server that the company got rid. Only problem is that i no longer have the software retrospec and i cannot restore that data with backup exec 9.1 for some reason apparently i might need to purchase the software retrospec and give it a try.

Ill call the company that does the software they might be able to help me on this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back