Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore Netware Servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2001
CA
Hi All,

I have two new netware servers to build one will have Netware 4.2 and the other 5.1. I'm running Arcserveit6.6 for Netware on the 4.2 Server. I've merged my tape (From my old servers) to the Arcserve database and I'm able to restore the volumes to the 4.2 server. When I attempt to restore the 5.1 volumes I receive an Error E0015.

It appears from the real-time status screen that I'm not connecting to the TSA agent on the 5.1 server. I've tried loading TSA500 & TSA410 and receive the same errors.

Can you think of anything else that could help me ?

BTW, The tapes are fine as, I'm able to select restore the 5.1's data to other volumes on the 4.2 server. The error only happens when I attempt to restore directly onto the 5.1 server

Thanks for any help

Michael Gillen

how are you logging on? Are you using the fully ditinguished nomenclature? Also are you loading TSANDS? Have you run a DS-repair?

Just some suggestions,

g

I've logged in as Admin. Arcserve restore files on the local volume, it's only when I attempt to restore to the remote server that I'm having problems.

It appears that Arcserve can not make a NDS connection. I've been able to make a bindary connection, but these does not restore the trustee rights.

Yes I've DS-repair. I only had TSA loaded, I'm not sure if TSANDS was also loaded I'll try in the morning

Thanks for the ideas

Oh and see if you have the netware agent installed on your remote server. Just a hunch but for nt, if backed up using an agent, it then needs to be resotre through the agent.

hope this helps :)

g

No agents installed backup were done through SMS. But when restoring I can not get Arcserve to authenticate to the 5.1 server

have you tried submitting the job from the actual NetWare server on 4.2 instead of an ARCserve manager on a client. Also the NDS is not going to connect to the 5.1 box as they are different NDS. Why not use the testnlm utility which is found in the utilities directory to connect to the NDS.

Are they in the same tree by the way?

g

Yes same tree, On the Netware 4.2 box I've submitted the job but I'm unable to get an NDS connection to the 5.1 box. I've been able to make a bindary connection only, whuch resotes the data, but not any of the NDS rights.

I'll look for the test nlm this morning

On my Netware 5.1 server, to get remote backups to work and to resolve login problems I had to do the following:

Install Service Pack 3 for Netware 5.1
Install the latest Acrserve updates.
Install the TSA5UP8.EXE patch from Novell.

The TSA5UP8 patch has new TSANDS.NLM and a new TSA500.NLM files. Might wanna give those a try.

JTrice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back