Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore Netware files to Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamason

MIS
May 15, 2000
US
I have backed up some Excel spreadshets from a Netware server(Windows 2000 client agent) to Windows 2000 server running Arcserve 2000. I would like to restore these files to a Windows 2000 servers. Has anyone done this successfully?

If the tape is listed in the restore manager, I would think you could just run a restore job and restore to a specific location rather than the default

If the tape isn't listed listed in Restore Manager, but you can see it from Device Manager, you can import the sessions on the tape, and then run a restore job to an alternate location.

Yes, We do it all the time. Don't forget to go into options on restore the check next to "Restore and Preserve Directory Attributes and Security Information" or the file will be unreadable.

I did try this and the files were restored but I was unable to view the files(excel spreadsheets). Please remember that I am going from a Vovell server to a Windows 2000 server. Thanks.

I am sorry, You have to uncheck that option so the Netware information in the header of the file is not restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back