Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore NDMP backup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsept

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2003
US
can someone tell me if it possible to restore a NDMP Celerra backup to a Windows file server so the file is readable and keeps the permissions?

Thank you.

It's been my experience that the only place an NDMP backup can be restored is to a NDMP host.

I wish that wasn't the case....and if I am mistaken, I would also love to know how to do this.

Good luck!

Since you mentioned Celerra's, I thought I'd mention that there is a problem with the DartOS that will not restore recursively from the top level selection in the GUI. If you select each individual object, it will work, but that gets to be a big pain after a few dozen objects. DartOS needs to be at 5.5.29.

Thanks for the replies. I also wish they could be restored to a normal windows file server..

No, you need to write NDMP restores to an NDMP host.

From the NDMP administrators guide for 6.0 (the same warning appears in the 5.1 guide):

Note The destination host must be an NDMP host compatible with the data format of the source (the source and destination must be of the same NAS vendor type).

Source (pdf):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back