Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore / Min-Max-Close question What did I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirkenj

Technical User
Apr 30, 2002
US
Here's my problem: Apparently, I somehow changed a property somewhere which makes my application open with forms maximized (which I want); however, when I open reports, they take on the same traits, and open with ONLY a "Restore" button. I have to click restore in order to get the "Close / Min / Max" buttons, or use a "close" button on a custom toolbar.

Any idea what I did, and how to fix it?

I'm having some issues getting my forms and reports to open at the size and position I want, and am not real confident setting the properties for this and for border style...any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

In the Report's Property Sheet, check the settings of the Min Max Buttons property and the Close Button. They need to be set to Both Enabled and Yes respectively.

Access Help File topics:
CloseButton Property
BorderStyle Property
MinMaxButtons Property

HTH
Lightning

I appreciate your prompt reply, but my problem isn't quite that simple. This has nothing to do with specific forms or reports. I know how to manipulate the min max buttons, this has to be something within the application, as the min, max, and close buttons ONLY appear when a form or report is NOT maximized. (So I essentially have to minimize a form or report before I can close it, unless I use a command button)

Two different directions:

1. There are other ways to close a report, the simplest and most bullet-proof is pressing <CTRL>-<F4>.

2. I think you were messing with the Startup options, and disabled all toolbars/all menus/probably all of everything. When you open your app, hold the SHIFT button and it will bypass all startup features. Now go to tools->startup and undo what you have wronged.

--
Find common answers using Google Groups:

Corrupt MDBs FAQ

I use the following with reports to maximize them on preview and restore to default settings when closed.

Enter the following code in the OnOpen and OnClose events.

Tony

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
On Error GoTo Report_Open_Err

DoCmd.Maximize

Report_Open_Exit:
Exit Sub

Report_Open_Err:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Report_Open_Exit

End Sub

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Private Sub Report_Close()
On Error Resume Next

DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, &quot;MyReportName&quot;
DoCmd.Restore
DoCmd.ShowToolbar &quot;Print Preview&quot;, acToolbarNo

End Sub

sirkenj,
Did you ever solve your problem and restore the min/max/close buttons? I was having the same problem just recently and found this thread with a keyword search. I fixed my problem by going to Tools: Options and under the view tab,check system objects, the buttons were then restored. Hope this helps if you haven't fixed it already.
Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back