Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore MBZ5G4 Does Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

efultz

Programmer
Apr 14, 2020
US
I have a file with extension mbz5g4. I ran the command - dm -u c:\temp\MICROS_2020_04_14_04_20.mbz5g4 - but nothing is happening. When I do this using .mbz5g3 extension - dm -u c:\temp\MICROS_2020_03_30_01_22.mbz5g3 - the database manager opens and proceeds to restore the database.

Is the command for restoring mbz5g4 different from mbz5g3? Just for kicks I tried to rename the file to mbz5g3 but, as I expected, that did not work.

I think the .mbz5g4 is a res 5.6 database and the .mbz5g3 is micros 5.4 MR4 you cannot restore a database that is newer in an older micros res computer.

look at the versions on both computers. you can restore an older database (with limitations) into a newer version of res but not the other way around

Thank you - I suspected my database may have been too old. I have been looking for an installer for the newer version so far without success.

running select @@version returns 16.0.0.2193 for database version

efaultz that's res version 5.5 based on the version number you provided. you cannot restore a 5.6 into a 5.5 you must upgrade your 5.5 set up to res 5.6 and then you can restore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back