Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restore Help urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacattack

Technical User
Jun 25, 2001
GB
We backup several servers using netbackup.
I am trying to restore a directory from the dev server but cannot get it to show the files available in the directory required on the correct server.
How do you set the config up for restore.
It seems to be pointing at the wrong server.
How do you show a list of files on tape to be able to restore.
Any help,pointers would be appreciated.
Just to complicate matters i have never been trained on this software.

Hello samack,
Dont worry.ope u know how to start the veritas netback up session,by typing

#jnbSA&
U go to the backup ,archive menu and the screen will appear.The following things will appaer.
1.Netbackup server-It is the one to which the backup device is attached.
2.Source client-It is the machine whose files are to be restored.
3.destination client-It may be the same as source or different.
mkae sure all the above information are correct.Assume that ur having three machines names as JACK,JUPITER and GREEN.and also assume that JACK is the master server.JUPITER and GREEN are clients.If u want to restore some files which belong to JUPITER u should go to JUPITER and start jnbSA and do the process.U cant restore GREEN's files from JUPITER.So that make sure that which machine's files u want to restore.
Then reg the source directory u typer from where u want to start the restore.By default / will be given,to make the search easier u can specify the source directory as /usr or /tmp or /u09 etc as u r wish.then click enter.
If ur unable to do this mail me in this forum again I am ready to help u.
with regards,
natarajan
sys admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back