Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore from FTP server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKL22

Technical User
Jan 8, 2008
DK
Does anybody know how to restore the CS data, which is stored on a FTP server?
The file type is bkdata.1, but I can't see anywhere how to use/restore this file. There is an old thread about exactly this, but there is no answer in the thread.

Hi bhassell2000
We do also have a backup on the CF2 card, but in case of water etc. in the switch room, we have to be able to do a restore. Normally I would also use the single backup on the CF2.

Or do you mean that you copy the bkdata file to the cf2 card in this case?

The RES command in ld 43 allows you to do a restore from the ftp server. I know we had to use it once on a CS1000E HA because the database became corrupted on both call processors and on both CF cards. It didn't appear well documented and now that I looked we didn't do a good job of that either.

I believe it's RES xxxx where xxxx is the backup rule used to backup to the FTP server. I believe it then presented you with a list of backups available and you can choose the one you want to restore. INI required to complete the restore.

Hi all. Thanks for your answers.
bhassell2000: This is of course an alternative, but I wanted to use bkdata file, not the single backup

firebirdscrambler: Good guide, but it also refers to the single backup file

guycable2: This was a hint in the right direction. But when I used RES it started restore from CF2 card. It is not possible to type anything after RES.

But I tried to make a RSR 2, which is the rule number i made to FTP. After the restore, just make a sysload in LD 135. It works.

So the way I see it, in case of new HW and SW installation, there are 2 ways to do the restore.

1. Do a SW installation with default database. Then make a new host with a temporary ip address, which can reach your pc. Make a backup rule in the CS:
NEW BKPR <rule number> FTP <IP addr> <login><pwd> <path> [<N of versions>] [<name>]
NEW bkpr 1 ftp 1.1.1.8 csbackup csbackup / 1 backup_for_test ( in this case 1.1.1.8 is my pc)
LD 43 RSR 1
LD 135 sysload active

I would of course need to have the bkdata file from the administrator of the FTP server on my own pc, and have ftp program, and path etc.

2. Do a SW installation with default database. Then make a new host with the right IP address. Make a backup rule in the CS:
NEW bkpr 1 ftp 1.1.1.8 csbackup csbackup / 1 backup_for_test ( in this case 1.1.1.8 is the FTP server)
LD 43 RSR 1
LD 135 sysload active

This option requires that you know the path, login/password in the FTP, which you hopefully have in some document

-----------------------------------------------

>ld 43
EDD000

.rsr 2

PERFORM IP CONFIG FILTERING ([YES],NO)? no
Starting data Restore according to Rule 2
Restore mode: Manual, filtering IP config
Backup Rule type: FTP

opening FTP session to remote server 1.1.1.8
copying "/bkdata.1" from remote server to "/u/bkdb/backup/bkdata.gz"
ending FTP session to remote server 1.1.1.8

RSR - GZIP Uncompressing "/u/bkdb/backup/bkdata.gz" ... 100 percent completed

RSR - TAR Extract "/e/bkdb/backup/bkdata.tar" process started ...

RSR - TAR Extract "/e/bkdb/backup/bkdata.tar" process completed

CONFIG
DATA
HI
ZONE
ESET1
ESET2
NODE
SYSCFG
SMPCONF
FORWARDLISTFILE
PENDINGCPMSGLST
ACCOUNTS
ERL
ZBD
NZON
ZSRN
ELIN
SUBNET
NTP
MGC
SYSTEM_PARAMS
PORT_CUSTOM
PORT_STATE
EPTFLAG
DVLA
HSEM
Copying "/u/db/hi/hi.db" to "/u/db/hi_bak/hi.db"
Copying "/u/db/hi/cp.db" to "/u/db/hi_bak/cp.db"
Copying "/u/db/hi/ipb.db" to "/u/db/hi_bak/ipb.db"
Copying "/u/db/hi/inet.db" to "/u/db/hi_bak/inet.db"
Copying "/u/db/hi/ipmgconf.db" to "/u/db/hi_bak/ipmgconf.db"
Copying "/u/db/node/node3.btp" to "/u/db/node_bak/node3.btp"
Copying "/u/db/node/node3.cfg" to "/u/db/node_bak/node3.cfg"
Copying "/u/db/node/node.pch" to "/u/db/node_bak/node.pch"
Copying "/u/db/node/node3.xml" to "/u/db/node_bak/node3.xml"
Copying "/u/db/node/node4.btp" to "/u/db/node_bak/node4.btp"
Copying "/u/db/node/node4.cfg" to "/u/db/node_bak/node4.cfg"
Copying "/u/db/node/node4.xml" to "/u/db/node_bak/node4.xml"
Copying "/u/smp_db/smpconf.db" to "/u/smp_db/smpconf.bak"
Copying "/u/db/forwardlistfile.db" to "/u/db/forwardlistfile.bak"
Copying "/u/db/pendingupdatemessagefile.db" to "/u/db/pendingupdatemessagefile.bak"
Copying "/u/smp_db/eptflag.db" to "/u/smp_db/eptflag.bak"
Copying "/u/db/hsem.db" to "/u/db/hsem.bak"

TEMU194 GR Manual Data Restore according to rule (2) ended successfully.
>ld 135
CCED000
.sysload active

WARNING: Rebooting active core will interrupt call processing.

Enter <YES> to continue, or press <return> to abort.
yes
OK

Perfect thanks for documenting it and correcting the command. I can now add this to our documentation in case it ever happens again.

Hi again
Have just found that the backup type also is bkdata.1 if you make a rule, which makes a backup to the RMD /CF2 card.
So this means that you can copy the bkdata.1 file to the CF2 card, and install it right away with the software, instead of default database and host etc.
This is much easier, if it works. I will try it tomorrow, and return with result..

OK have tested it.
Made a rule 1 to RMD "CF2". Did a change and an EDD. Made a RSR 1, and a sysload, and it took the backup from the CF2, and the change is gone.

So conclusion is that we can use the bkdata file, in the same way as the single backup file, while we reinstall software.

Hope this will help.
Thanks

pdt> cd multiple
pdt> ll

Directory of '/cf2/backup/multiple':

SIZE DATE TIME NAME
---------- ----------- -------- ------------
2048 Dec-21-2011 20:21:50 . <DIR>
2048 Mar-31-2009 09:55:04 .. <DIR>
37544 Dec-21-2011 20:20:58 bkdata.1
37645 Dec-21-2011 19:46:30 bkdata.2

Status