Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore Domino nsf to different Domino server

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveNeubauer

IS-IT--Management
Jul 29, 2002
DE
Arcserve 11.5...

My company went over to the dark side and migrated to Exchange a few years ago, so my Domino server was retired. I have been asked to restore a Notes mail file and found the .nsf on tape backup. So, I created a new Domino server and loaded the ARCServe Domino Agent. I added a registry entry PreviousInstanceName under:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\BrightStor ARCServe Backup\DSAgent\CurrentVersion\agent\
following advice from: ftp://ftp.ca.com/apars/d18/pAXWBAS/r11.5/oWINDOWS/QI82725.txt which should allow me to restore to a different Domino server. When I attempt a restore, I receive an error: E8603 05/01/2008 03:25:56 PM 3275 25 Failed to write to database. (DBNAME=David Farmer, EC=Unable to get message string for code '68'.)

I read in a Tek-Tips thread that a .nsf needs to be existing on the Domino server before the restore will work, but that doesn't make sense to me because what if a mail administrator mistakenly deletes a mail file from an production mail server?

Any advice is welcome! Thanks

okay, does the restore to machine (target) have domino servcies running ?

Thanks for your response!

Yes, I tried the restore to target with Domino server running and again with Domino server stopped. I also tested a restore with a non-Notes database to the target just to ensure security was not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back