Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore config from TFTP for pix 501

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrosley

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2006
US
I am trying to practice on my pix 501 and was able to backup my pix but I want to make sure I can restore it so I can practice configurations and it is a good thing to know. I just want to make sure I can get my config back after I go back to the default config.

Thanks,

Scott

Just review the config you've copied to the TFTP server and be absolutely sure it's as you expect. If it is, then you will have no issues restoring this config once you wipe it to return to defaults.

The quickest way, in my opinion, is to get a copy of that config to your desktop and copy and paste it back into the PIX via your console connection.

So I can not do something like the copy tftp start like you can a router to restore the config?

Thanks

configure net

The "configure net" command merges the current running configuration with backup file from the TFTP server, so what I usually do is just configure what is necessary to get to the TFTP server and then copy the backup file to the PIX.

The following example shows how to configure the PIX Firewall using a configuration retrieved with TFTP:

configure net 10.1.1.1:/tftp/config/pixconfig

Thanks for all your help I will try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back