Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore by session problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

string71

Technical User
May 5, 2004
US
I am having problems restoring by session down at file level. The backup looks to have completed, however I did get an error stating it could not update the log. Since then each time I go to restore a file the sessions are blank (no files listed in any of the sessions).

Any ideas would be appreciated

With no jobs running the ARCserve temp directory should be empty. If not take a look at What are those files in the ARCserve\Temp directory? faq478-4059.

Could be the database is not getting updated. If that's not it then it could just be database corruption. In which case you can run the utilities to chech and repair or for a quick fix just initilize.

Thanks for that answer and it is my problem. I am still getting used to arcserve, so wouldn't have found the problem.

In the temp folder there are a number of CAT files, however when I run mergecat.exe the job just sits there. When I run a backup it hangs on the cat files.

Is there an easy way to get rid of these cat files without causing problems to my database.

All cat files now merged and I have setup a backup job for tonight, hope this doesn't hang. Is the purge job created automatically prior to the job running?

Guess you mean Prune and not Purge. The prune job (which removes old database records) should be in the queue. If it is not there then go to the ARCserve Server Admin, Configuration, Database and there will be the settings for the prune job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back