Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restore bcm 1000 rls 4 to bcm 400 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthseaIslander

Technical User
Sep 29, 2007
GB
Hope some one can help, i have upgraded abcm 1000 3.6 to 4 all went ok but when trying to move backup on to new bcm 400 rls 4, keycode moved first when restoring onto new system i get error ( core telephony restore faile due to an invalid image size )old bcm build was 4.0.2.21d after upgrade new bcm 400 build is 4.0.1.03

Cheers

Are you saying that ur trying to use the backup from a BCM 1000 on a BCM 400? If so, I don't believe you can do that.

Oh we were led to beleive this is possible.
We have more to do nexrt week we moved keycodes over no problem and all restored apart from core telephony.
Anyone else know or have done this?

Cheers

Did you only try to move Telephony and Voice services or did you do a completed backup and try to restore the complete backup to the 400?, if so that won't work.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Hi Acewarlock, i backed up all apart from ivr and restored all but ivr.

Cheers

BCM 1000 and 400 are not compatable with each other, when you do a restore to the BCM 400 only restore Telephony and Voice services.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

ok guys, a collegue rtied to restore just core telephony and still no joy so looks as though possibly the build might have something to do with this? the BCM 1000 upgrade is a later version then the 400 we are trying to restore to
could this be the problem? any ideas.

cheers

To restore from one unit to another, both units must be IDENTICAL in terms of core, build and patches.

Hi Guys,
Just to update on above core build did not have to be the same as long as you have latest patch should be ok.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back