Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restore Area - Required files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2005
US
I'm trying to setup my Restore Area for GroupWise 6.5. When I restore from backup (Veritas 10 on Windows 2003), what files do I need to restore? Do they need to go into the root of the Restore Area directory?

I ask because I'm not able to get the Restore Area to work properly. I keep getting a C05D error when trying to open backup from the client. I also get C05D on usergwa.db on the Netware server console in the POA.

I've restored the following files:

GroupWise System PO
GroupWise System DMS
GroupWise System DOM
The directory that contains the databases.

I've restored all of it to the root of the restore area folder. I think I've given the POA Read/Write access to it, not sure which icon is the POA (I didn't set the system up and not 100% familiar with GW).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

You need to restore the entire post office. Then you need to make sure that the name of your restore area is 8 characters or less. You then have to give the restore area and the end-user full rights to one another.

Once that's done you should be able to have your end-user restore their account from the restore area.

Hope that helps.

I am pretty sure the client needs RWCEMF in the restore area. IIRC it opens it up like it does archives, not via the POA.

Thanks guys, I got this taken care early this week on Monday.

I restored the GroupWise system (PO and DOM), then the actual directory structure, to the Restore Area.

Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back