Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restaurant Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySpider

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2005
US
Hi all,

Looking for some feedback on an system called Restaurant Manager. Very nice looking and full featured, but looking for some additional feedback. Has anyone heard anything good or bad? All opinions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Redundancy isn't all that great, and I beleive you have to pay extra for it, the terminals are all dumb and run off the server. ASI the company that makes it is strong and growing, as far as I know, but could be wrong. Sorry I don't have more info as of now, but I'm sure there are others that may post.

Bo

I'm a man,, I can change,, If I have too,, I guess. (Red Green)

Bo,

You're right, you do pay extra for the redundancy. According to some of the info I have read, it's similar to Aloha's in the the sense that one of the terminals acts as the file server. Assuning to works properly, it's a huge feature, and was one the big reasons Aloha got catapulted to the forefront, as they were one of the first to incorporate it. Speaking of Aloha, I wonder how this system stacks up against it.

Better redundancy, and better reporting. Otherwise they are both user friendly, not to hard for store managers and severs to catch on too.

Bo

I'm a man,, I can change,, If I have too,, I guess. (Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back