Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REstarts Unexpectedly...No BSOD or Stop Error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty201

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2003
US
I have a windows XP pro machine here that has me completely bewildered. it just ... restarts like someone presses the reset button...now it isn't TOTALLY unexpected... It will DEFINATELY happened then I try to run SFC (it happens at teh very beginning) and it also happens when I try do a Virus Scan. This problem just happened today and the user of the workstation doesn't recall anythingthat she did that was out of the ordinary or if the machine did anything. All I can think of was I changed the power setting so the monitro goes to sleep after an hour. They said my boss...no IT i mean my employer boss...said AVG7Pro picked up a virus and he removed them. Any Ideas guys... OOh and I also already shut off "Automatically Restart" but like I said windows is not recieving any error. Any Ideas I really am out in left field on this one.

try running the Korgo removal tool from Symantec. You probably have this virus and the tool will fix the problem right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back