Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restart lock-up and chipmunk sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaxted

Vendor
Jun 16, 2002
CA
Hey! I just finished building a new computer for myself and I have been having some odd problems. The computer is an AMD 1800+, Asus A7N8X, 512 mb pc2700, 80gb maxtor, sony dvd rom, geforce 4 mx 440, enermax 350 whisper power supply. everything else is on-board. I bought an MSI KT4V-L but it wouldn't hit 266fsb without really weird errors and lock-ups. Also it would be real slow booting up. I traded it and paid the difference for the A7N8X but it still seems quite slow booting up about 45 seconds after the post screen. Also whenever your write to the hard drive like add a program but restart manually (meaning going to taskbar and hitting restart) the computer reboots the dvd reads and thats it untill I have to hit the restart button on the front of the case. Also whenever I play the game Mafia the people sound like chipmunks...if anyone could help me with my problems that would be great! I tested the ram and video card on my a7v333 and it didn't have any problems.
Thanks everyone for your help it really means alot to me.. Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

"Another day, another problem"

Sorry guy just got back from holidays...I flashed the bios and it didn't work, but I found out the problem...it was a conflict between Windows ME and the USB 2.0 drivers... thanks for your help guys! Scotty Mac a.k.a smaxted

"Another day, another problem"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back