Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

restart CISCO 2651

Status
Not open for further replies.

itcom

Technical User
Feb 13, 2003
RU
Dear All,
I have Cisco 2651 (Version 12.2(7r)? same tims (2 time peer week) the Cisco makes restart. After it I see the next by typing command "sw ver" -#System returned to ROM by error - a Software forced crash, PC 0x803E7E80#/

Does Anybody khown about this error?

Alexey Gusev

It's an either an IOS issue or hardware related. Try upgrading the code first. That will most likely fix your issue.

"I can picture a world without war. A world without hate. A world without fear. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

I agree with IPKONFIG, most likely a software error replacing the IOS will most likely clear the problem.

I have the next version of Cisco.

C2600 Software (C2600-IS-M), Version 12.2(16), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3).
System image file is "flash:c2600-is-mz.122-16.bin"
ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r) [cmong 7r], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Is it old version?
Which version of IOS of Cisco doesn't have the error System returned to ROM by error - a Software forced crash, PC 0x803E7E80.

Alexey Gusev

12.2(16) is a current version. Is that version causing a reload as well?

"I can picture a world without war. A world without hate. A world without fear. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back