Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

response.redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohannIcon

Programmer
Sep 3, 2002
MT
What do I have wrong in this piece of code?

Response.redirect (proceedingasp"?tempID="&tempid&"&delID="&delID&"&edit="&edit)

Please note that proceedingasp, tempID, delID and edit are all dynamic vars

Thanks for your help and time

where's the page and ext....

proceedingasp

eg: .asp

proceedingasp is dynamic and resolves to page.asp

then you may want to concatinate your varaibles together to form the path "& char"

I would suggest creating a variable to hold the path so you are able to test your values and debug the script correctly. It will save allot of time and headaches for syntax errors

This worked out fine for me:-

Response.redirect (""&proceedingasp&"?tempID="&tempid&"&delID="&delID&"&edit="&edit)

Thanks

JohannIcon,

You are missing this & after the proceedingasp try ot use the revise line of code below

Response.redirect (proceedingasp&"?tempID="&tempid&"&delID="&delID&"&edit="&edit)

HTH...

HAppy progrmaming...

I have to agree with JohannIcon on this one. If more programmers would put the spaces in their coding it would be much easier to debug the code. It's makes spotting errors easier to detect.

So use:

Response.redirect (proceedingasp & "?tempID=" & tempid & "&delID=" & delID & "&edit=" & edit)

instead of:

Response.redirect (proceedingasp"?tempID="&tempid&"&delID="&delID&"&edit="&edit)

It makes it much easier to spot that you've left out the & in your line when it's all separated neatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back