Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Response.redirect with frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsand

Programmer
Aug 15, 2001
US
I have an asp page with 3 frames called index.asp. In consists of a top frame, body frame, and left frame. When click a link on the top frame it updates the left frame.

What I am trying to do is when they click on a particular link on the top frame a new authentication page comes up that authenticates them. If authenticated I want to redirect back to index.asp and update the just the left frame.

I do not know how to do a response.redirect and update only part of the frame.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know I probably confused you with my explaination.

>> a new authentication page comes up that authenticates
>> them.

so the framed page is now gone? or u popped up a new window? -There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't-

-pete

That is correct a new page authenticates them. After authentication I want to go back to the index page and update the left frame with options after authentication. Initially, the left frame of the index page is blank, after authentication, the left frame shows different options of data entry based on their department.

Thanks

have u tried using Server.transfer and session variables to provide data from ur frame page to the left frame content page? -There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't-

-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back