Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Responder V (Brekeke server)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CS1KPass

Technical User
Nov 22, 2011
US
we have a vendor that wants to connect the responder 5 (Brekeke server) to our CS1K. They are asking for an IP address of our switch, but can not narrow down which IP Address (OAI gateway, , node, sig servers, switch). Has anyone hooked this up and can you let me know exactly which IP address I should provide them? The last thing I want to do is play a guessing game with 4500 active phones. Wireless phones are the Avaya 6120.. not that that makes a difference.

i think the Berkeke communicates via SIP trunks (guessing). so you would need to point it at a NODE IP with Sip trunks (of the CS1K). then you would need to setup your NRS as well for the dialplan to work.

If you are using SIP trunk, you need to provide a SIP trunk's IP address.
If you are using SES, you need to provide a SES's IP address.

They will need the Node IP but there is a whole lot more to it than that if you don't already have SIP Enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back