Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resource views not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

shm75

Programmer
Jul 11, 2013
GB
I'm hoping you can help. I have a programme set up that I want to switch from the Gantt Chart view to Resource Usage view. This has never been a problem before, but for some reason it now just flicks briefly onto Resource Usage and then back to the Gantt Chart. The same thing happens when I try to view the resource sheet.

I'm using Project Standard 2013 (version 15.0.4867.1003)

Any ideas??

Yikes! Are you up to date on patches?

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

I should be - my updates are set up download automatically.

Does this happen with all files or just one? If just one - copy the view back from Global. File > Info, Organizer. If that doesn't work, it is possible your copy of global.mpt is corrupt. Exit Project. Find the copy of global.mpt in your user directory. Rename to GlobalOld.mpt and restart project. That will rebuild the global file which includes all views, filters, etc. CAUTION: You will lose any customizations that you have made to any standard views, filters, groups etc.

Thanks for that Julie. It is just this file that seems to be the problem - I think the answer is going to be restoring it to before I started having problems. I had made quite to few changes with filters, flags and some other bits and pieces so think losing a few days' worth of updates to the programme is probably easier that building all that back from scratch. Here's hoping!

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back