Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resource Pool - Overallocations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nors

MIS
Jul 9, 2003
US
Hi - I have a resource pool that I am using to share resources across many projects. However, I had assigned resources to some tasks in a project that I have since deleted because it was unnecessary. My resource pool is now showing these resources overallocated due to the tasks still assigned from the deleted project. Leveling did not work because it noted the resources were too overallocated. It will not let me delete the tasks in the pool and tells me to adjust the tasks in the original project (which is no longer an available file). I also tried deleting the resources in the pool to set them up again and start over, but that did not work either. Please help!

Nors,

When you delete a project, you must delete it from the resource pool also.

If you open your resource pool file, at Tools>resource sharing>share resources -- you will find a list of all linked files. Select the unwanted file and choose "break link." That should do it.

I've found it to be a good practice to always break the resource pool link at both ends whenever I change a project so that it no longer uses the pool

--Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back