Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resource Leakage While Running Arcserve 2000 + InoculateIT 6.0??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITDOD

MIS
May 28, 2002
GB
In three instances of installing InoculateIT 6.0 on the same Windows 2000/exchange 5.5 server as Arcserve 2000 I have had problems with backups hanging(not crashing) with nothing reported to the arcserve log or the Windows 2000 server event logs, once the backup has hung(typically but not always while backing up the local exchange databases using the exchange agent) a reboot is required to get the job ready for the next night(restarting the services/killing the job does not stop the active job). Both arcserve and inoculateIT 6.0 are fully patched and serviced packed.

The problem was rectified on one server by increasing the RAM to 1GB, the other two servers are running at 512MB and are currently Hanging on every third night's backup, I realise that the easy answer is to increase the RAM upto a gig from 512MB on the two servers or to schedule daily reboots but was just wondering if anyone had experienced this problem when running the two products in tandem as I have never had any problems using arcserve 2000 and inoculateIT 4x(with similar/lower spec's of server) and if they had any other ideas on how to resolve the issue as CA have been unable to resolve the issue so far.

Hi,

please update the realtime driver for Inocualn 6.0 which available on the CA support site...
Moreover, exclude all the exchange related .exe files,
jobeng.exe
tapeeng.exe
msgeng.exe
asmgr.exe
asrunjob.exe
"dbaxchg" folder
in the Inoculan Exclusion list

This is should help improve throughput The Best there Is
The Best there Was
The Best there ever Will be

I have already updated the realtime driver to the latest version but will try adding the files you specified into the exclusion list for InoculateIT 6.0, thanks for the advice.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back