Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resource file not valid message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jun 19, 2008
Hi,

I recently installed VFP ver 9 over VFP ver 6 & created an .exe for the user. The program is working fine (more-or-less), its just prior to comming into Foxpro, they are getting a message: 'Resource file not valid overite...'. How can you prevent this message from happening. I am not sure what is the purpose for this 'Resource file'.

thank you

VFP maintains some user preferences in a file FOXUSER.DBF. (such as window placement on the screen and many other items.) The file format changed from version 6 to version 9.

Delete the FOXUSER.* files on the users computer. When the app starts up the next time, VFP will just simple recreate the file in it new format and you will never see the message again.

David W. Grewe Dave

Thank you,

I am not getting this msg when i log in remotely (terminal server) so i will not be able to check this until i am at the users sight, but i am sure that it will do it & thanks for your answer.

i installed the full version 9 on his machine i think that should give the user what it needs, correct me if i'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back