Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

mans

Programmer
Mar 18, 2000
AU
Hello,<br><br>I have been developing a VB (Vers 6) application at 800*600 resolution, I am looking at distributing this application on terminals with a variety of different resolutions.<br><br>Can somebody please let me know what is required to enable the application to be automatically resized on terminals with different resolutions to my own.<br><br>Thank You

in visual basic, you dont need to use an API code, you can just use the Screen Object. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML,Visual InterDev 6, ASP(WebProgramming), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

mans,<br><br>Karl is correct - the Screen.Height and .Width properties give you a starting point.<br><br>Decide how much of the screen you want to take up with your application and then say something like.<br><br>me.height = int(screen.height/2)<br>me.width = int(screen.width/2)<br><br>in your form_load events.<br><br>Unfortunately that's just the start of things as you then have to resize and reposition the controls (plus fonts) to match the form... There are 3rd party &quot;container&quot; controls that can do this bit for you though. VBFlex is one I think though I haven't used it.<br><br>I used one in VB3 called Elastic (I think) and while that worked reasonable well I did end up developing for a fixed resulution and adding the elastic control at the end - it caused quite a few crashes.<br><br>Let us know if you find a good container control - or post the code (please) if you decide to resize everything yourself &lt;grin&gt;<br><br> <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>Please -- Don't send me email questions without posting them in Tek-Tips as well. Better yet -- Post the question in Tek-Tips and send me a note saying "Have a look at so-and-so in the thingy forum would you?"

Mike,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Instead of <br><br>me.height = int(screen.height/2)<br>me.width = int(screen.width/2)<br><br>you can use<br><br>me.height = screen.height\2<br>me.width = screen.width\2<br><br>\ does integer division.<br><br><br> <p>nick bulka<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I always forget about &quot;\&quot; &lt;s&gt; thx nick <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>Please -- Don't send me email questions without posting them in Tek-Tips as well. Better yet -- Post the question in Tek-Tips and send me a note saying "Have a look at so-and-so in the thingy forum would you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back