Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resizing Web Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5BLT

Technical User
Apr 27, 2002
US
Greetings All! I'm new to this forum and have been looking for a good source of information/help. This really looks like the spot I've been searching for.

I know this can be done, but, I'm not sure how. I know there is some script or something that can be added to Dreamweaver so that reguardless what resoulution that the viewer has, the page "resized" for their monitor.

How is this done?

Thanks,
Bob

The easiest way is to use a table set to 100% height and 100% width.

Hope it'll help ;-) Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

Netscape??? What is it??? LOL Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

I guess that I'm somewhat brain dead or something. But, I can find where to make the adjustment. Where in DW4 do I find the "table set"? Does this encompass the entire page? Bob

Click directly on the table or, better, on the <table> tag at the bottom left part of the screen. If the properties pop up window isn't visible go to the Window drop down menu and select &quot;properties&quot;. You will see the table width and height settings there. Peace
BT

I think that I'm not being clear about what I want. Lemme try again.

I have a web page with NO TABLES and no frames. It does have a banner at the top, several paragraphs of information and some link buttons. The problem is this. Depending on the resolution settings of the viewer, the text is broken up. I'm pretty sure that there is some kind of code and/or program that I can use that regardless of the viewers monitor resolution, it will be able to be viewed properly.

I hope this explanation helpful. Bob

Post a link to the page or the code from it and we will be able to give a clearer answer to how to solve your problem.

It might be as easy as Ctrl A>Ctrl X>Insert Table(1 column 1 Row Width=100%)>Ctrl V

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back