Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resizing vs. borders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
hi,
i have a webpage that is completely flash, however i can only get it either to be re-sizable (which is why i chose to do it in flash anyway, as it is a detailed image and i didnt want to lose the quality on different resolutions), or it is resizable but has great big borders around it

so, i have this in the code to make it resiazable - HEIGHT="100%" WIDTH="100%"
but with big borders around the image,

or i can have -
STYLE="POSITION: absolute; HEIGHT:800;WIDTH:1024;TOP:0;LEFT:0;

which makes it a fixed height and width, but with no borders,

i cant seem to combine the two to get it both resizable and with no borders !

can anyone help ?

In flash in the publish settings under the HTML tab, there should be a scale setting and one of the options should be exact fit. Keep the dimensions at 100%.

or if you want to add it straight into the code. In the block of <OBJECT> code that determines the settings for your flash movie add this..

along with all the other params add
<PARAM NAME=scale VALUE=exactfit>

within the <embed> tag
scale=exactfit

Adding this CSS to the head of your document will further eliminate borders

Code:
<style type=&quot;text/css&quot;>
<!--
body {	margin: 0px;}
-->
</style>

However, all of this will seriously distort your image when the windpw is resized. As far as I know there is no way around that to do what you want to do (if I'm correctly understanding what you want to do).

Hope that answered your question.

jaxon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back