Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resizing using a batch process

Status
Not open for further replies.

RooPey

Programmer
Jul 4, 2002
GB
Hi
I have a large number of graphics that need manipulating for an online shop, the graphics are not all the same pixel size, nor can I use percentage because they vary wildly in size. I need to resize them to start with down to either 500px wide or high depending on whether they are 'landscape' or 'portrait'.
I created scripts to do either a 500px resize on width or height, but when I run the script through a batch process to, say, make the 'portrait' images 500px high, it resizes them all to exactly the same pixel size on the width too even though I had Lock Aspect Ratio checked when I recorded the script. It seems to me that it gets the width from the first image run through and then repeats that on all the subsequent images.
Is it possible to run a script that just makes either the width or height a certain number of pixels but allows the images to remain proportionally correct?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi

If you use this script written by Gary Barton and run it in batch mode,(silent) you can resize all photos to the same maximum size whether portrait or landscape. The default is set to 400 pixels. You can edit the script to be whatever size you want. Always make a copy or work with a copy of your photos when using this. DO NOT RESIZE YOUR ORIGINALS!!!

http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~li7wcl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back