Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resizing Raid 5 C: drive????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreux

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2000
US
Hey all,
My PDC (NT 4.0 Enterprise sp5) is now down to 100MB's of space. Someone(before my time here!) configured it to have a 1 gig NTFS C: partition which is logical and part of a RAID 5 array. Is there any way for me to easily resize this partiton? I've been looking at Power Quests Server Magic which claims to work with RAID controllers, but can it change the size of the primary partition? I appreciate any help you can offer!!
TIA, Dreux

Hi,

Sorry there is no way to resize the primery partition

The only solution j have is to reinstall winnt 4.0 in other partition with a needed size and try to megrate your data to
the new partion

OR

move the data to an extended partition in order to get more free space and let the partition c:\ only for the applications (in c:\ only for programs)

I have used Server magic to resize the C partition on 3 NT servers and never had any problems. I would recommend a backup before attempting it though, just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back