Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resizing Images / Creating Thumbnails

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumposters

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
US
Has anyone used Coldfusion to create a thumbnail from a larger photo? If so, please share how you did it and how good the quality of the thumbnails were. What I am trying to do is have a form that lets users upload an image and at the same time create a thumbnail of this image for them automatically.

What host do you use? The fact they refuse to instal CFX tags because all users have access to them is not good enough of a reason.

Majority of hosts at least instal the free CFX tags, how else do you they expect their clients to do some tasks like resize images, add watermark on the fly, etc?

i use
and to be honest, I only asked them once and I might have been speaking to someone who knew no better...

I will call them again when I get a chance...but not installing media server will really adversly affect my ability to pay for my HummerH2 so I may have to look for anouther host..

craig

Looking at the comparison mentioned above, imagecfc seems to do as good a job resizing images as the paid options, and it also has the added benefit of reducing the file size. I think I'll use imagecfc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back