Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Resizing established frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoobaker

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
GB
I've set up my frameset, saved it now I try to open it and the oppotunity to resize the frames in the set has gone.

How do you resize frames once they have been established??

if you go to the code view for your frameset, you can alter the sizes manually.

in the <frameset> tag, change the cols=&quot;x,x,x&quot; or rows=&quot;x,x,x&quot; to whatever you want them to be.

hope this helps,

ss

Hey stoobaker,

You can do this without changing source code as well. I don't know how comfortable you are with adjusting code so here is another option.

Go to View>Visual Aids>Frame Borders and make sure it is checked.

This will allow you to drag and change Frame Borders with your mouse.

Also, After clicking on a border, the Properties Dialog Box will display information that you can change such as whether there is a border the color of the border and the size, pixels or relative. There will be a display on the left of the Properties Box allowing you to select which frame you want and change the information for that frame.

If you want to change the URL inside a frame, you can open Window>Frames and change the URL for any particular frame.

If you don't understand or I am unclear, let me know.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Tim

Cheers guys!
The visual guides option is exactly what I needed

loads, StooB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back