Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resize IE wndow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenmac

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
CA
How do you resize the window in IE 8. When I open a new window through a link from full screen the window appears half screen. I would like it to be full screen. All help would be appreciated.

Glen

have you tried double clicking on the top windows Blue boarder where is says Windows Internet Explorer?

Or Hit the F11 key

sam

put the cursor on the edge of the IE window. It will change to a double arrow when positioned properly. Hold down the left button and "drag" the edge of the window in the direction you want it to go.

F11 will change it to full screen, not a window. It probably is not what you want.

thanks for the input but I think I should clarify: I am a aware of all the adjustments U can make AFTER the window opens but what I want is the new window to open full screen imediately. I made the mistake of tiling open windows and after that the new "linked" to window opens at that size not full screen.

Glen

Try this:

1. Open IE
2. Open the new window through the link
3. Resize the new window to how you would like it to appear
4. Close (file ->exit NOT the X) the original instance of IE
5. Close (file ->exit NOT the X) the second instance of IE

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back