Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resize check box? My checkbox looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VickyWinters

Technical User
Jun 6, 2002
US

Evidently, there must be a way to resize these checkboxes on my form, however, since I am a novice, I am baffled. I am working with access 97. Right now my checkboxes look like little pin heads. Can you help? How do I enlarge the size of the box? Remember, I am a novice, so if it involves code please be specific.

Thanks.
Vicky

go into design view of the form or report.
if you single (left) click the check box, you should be able to grab one of the handles(a little gray box now attached to the check box) and drag it to make the box bigger...

--James JHauge@jmjpc.net
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

Thanks for the response, however, I have already tried grabbing the handle. It doesn't move. I can resize the text box, but not the checkbox.

I have also tried the properties of that checkbox. That too, will not resize the checkbox.

I looked through the forum, but could not find any info on that particular problem.

I have no clue as to why this will not resize.

Any other suggestions?

Vicky,

I dont think that you can change the size of a checkbox (from within Access). However, the size presented should be quite workable, and larger than as you describe "pinheads".

The answer to your problem might be related to some form of windows setup options. Try right clicking on the desktop, and when the Display Properties window appears, go to the "Appearance" page, and review your Scheme and Item settings in here. Record the settings before you start playing with them, so you can recover to your current status. Frankly, I cannot see any direct options in here to control checkboxes, but perhaps some of the settings may impact their size.

Hope this helps; good luck,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back