Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

resizable class not working with subclass 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keepontrying

Programmer
May 12, 2003
US
When I drop the resizable class to my form I can drop any standard textbox, spinner etc and when I resize the form it work fine, Now here is my problem. I have subclass the textbox to mytextbox and drop this to the form and it will not resize. I included mytextbox in the repostionlist in the resizable class and still it is not working.
Anyone know what I need to do to have the resize class to work with subclass item?

Thanks
John

You've probably overridden the Init method of the textbox by putting code in your subclass. You need to add a DODEFAULT() so that the code from the parent class will run in addition to your code.

-BP (Barbara Peisch)

Keepontrying said:
I included mytextbox in the repostionlist in the resizable class and still it is not working
You missed one more property which is ResizeList. Also you have to be carefull when you add the name of your class into that list, It's case sensitive.

Regards

-- AirCon --

Hi,
Thanks for the responds

Here is what I have in my repositionlist:
Commandbutton Combobox Checkbox Listbox Form Grid Textbox Label Shape Editbox Olecontrol Pageframe Image Spinner Cmdclose Behindscenes Newtextbox

and in my resizelist:
Commandbutton Combobox Checkbox Listbox Form Grid Textbox Label Shape Editbox Olecontrol Pageframe Image Spinner Newtextbox

On my form the base class is Textbase and my class is Newtextbox I try it again and still in won't resize Yet the standard class will. Any other suggestion?

John

I'm Not sure what is happening. I need more info for this. Is the "Newtextbox" added to the poperties of resizable class in solution.vcx or added to resizable class in your form ?

If it was added to the class in solution.vcx, check the resizable class in your form. Does the properties also changed according to it's parent class ?

-- AirCon --

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back