Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ReSharper - do you use it, does it help, is it any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have been advised I should look at getting ReSharper to assist with my C# coding.

Does anyone here use it, and if so what advice can you give about it.

Thanks,
1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

But it takes some time to master it.

I'm wondering if I should continue to practice C# first, before looking at this VS plugin.

I'm a C# newbie, and don't want to overwhelm myself, though if it's better to start out learning with this installed, then perhaps that's what I should do?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

I've been using ReSharper for over a year now. I'm sure I am using just its most basic functionality so take my advice with this in mind. I don't dislike ReSharper and it has taught me some things with its refactoring suggestions but it is a bit overwhelming. ReSharper seems to be the in vogue productivity tool these days but if I had a need to purchase one for myself (the ReSharper license is available on my work machine), I would also check out CodeRush and JustCode before making a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back